Sunday, June 5, 2016

" Where Craftsman still Cared!" & The Gifts!

Hi, I'm Jim Weaver and I have been in the Home Improvement Industry since 1974. I grew up in the Midwest in the 60's. Back then, Milwaukee, WI was a place " Where Craftsman still Cared !" Times then were much like times have become today. I guess my childhood memory of the economic hard times and surviving them made me proud. Proud to be an American. This must be why many years later as a young adult I named my company, Mainstreet USA. I remember my Father, Anthony J. Weaver worked at American Motors at night and did siding during the day trying to make ends meet. A lot of times he did not get paid when the sign over the door where they got their jobs would change overnight. The same people would be sitting there at their desks doing the same job they always did, but today the company was "Northern" and yesterday it was "Colonial". John, the Boss man (always with a cigar in his mouth) would tell Rolle (my Dad's boss), "Sorry but that outfits gone, but here's another job". Rolle would always take that job in hopes of getting paid enough to feed the family. How Rolle paid the guys that worked for him I never knew until I went to work for him in 1974..... Sometimes he paid it himself !


7 comments:

  1. The Consulting role we offer is the negotiated added value selling that I provide my clients through my subcontracting arrangements with my major manufacturers as well as my primary Contractors represented. Bottom line it's all about the money so what I've been able to do is with every client I have we can and have, arranged Beyond whatever advertised or sale price they might have , I'm allowed to provide them additional an 10% discount that amount increases of self generated business or word-of-mouth referral business that's why I'm trying to build the social arm to my business is well again to pass that savings on to the client's ultimately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CaringCraftsman™

    Our Brand will become a movement

    We will enlist CaringCraftsman™ across the Nation to provide Products, Goods & Services with a new criteria for Celebrating Excellence instead of Mediocrity that it has become particularly in the Home Improvement Industry.
    CaringCraftsman will be required to adhere to a set of business ethics and practices in line with basic concepts, and principles beyond anything ever experienced before causing a Resurgence in customer satisfaction in the United States. #ImpactMillions

    One for the Universe! #besocial #buysocial #Tribe #socialmediafreedom #letfreedomring #CaringCraftsmandeals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reposting: We Lost Dad to Cancer
    Anthony J Weaver 5/10/1940 - 5/10/2014
    He gave me the greatest gifts any man can give his Son!
    A Work Ethic!
    Rest in Peace Dad you choose to Step in and raise me
    when another would not, Now that's a Gift being A Father!
    Jim Weaver

    ReplyDelete